This privacy statement applies to The Baby List Company Ltd, trading as Anita’s House, a UK registered company (Company Number 3008826) with registered address at 2 Chelsea Wharf, 15 Lots Road, London, SW10 0QJ (referred to as “we/our”).
The purpose of this statement is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you.
Anita’s House does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the Anita’s House website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Use of your personal information
1. When you register with us and/or use this site:
- Some of our services will require further details from you in order for us to set up, deliver and maintain those services.
2. We may use information you give us directly or information that is acquired during time spent with you. This includes face-to-face consultations and over the phone. This information is used:
- to register you with our Website and to manage any account you hold with us
- to give to companies and organisations whose products we provide to you e.g. when a direct home delivery is scheduled from a manufacturer, we will supply your name and address
- to fulfil our agreement with you and to process your order and obtain payment
- to analyse and profile your shopping preferences (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us
i. to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the website
ii. to review, develop and improve the events, products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and our other customers with relevant information through our marketing activities
iii. to provide you with a unique and bespoke shopping experience tailored to you and your family
- to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter
- to facilitate your transaction and browsing experience with us
- we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have
- where you have agreed that we may do so, we may keep you informed about events, products and services (including products and services of other companies and organisations and including special offers, discounts, competitions, warranties, product recalls and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
- Telephone (including voicemail messages)
- SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
- Social media
- Word of mouth (i.e. via other clients)
- If you do not wish to receive information about our events, products and services which may be of interest to you from us, you can select the opt-out option when you submit your details or you can unsubscribe at any time by sending us an email as described in the section "Want to be removed from the Anita’s House email newsletter list?" below
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties, e.g. personal assistants, referrals from obstetricians, ante-natal classes, friends or other family members. Third parties may also include credit reference agencies, should we need to use them in the event of non-payment for goods
- We may engage third party payment providers to administer and process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through the website
- We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may be required by law to pass on information that we obtain in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Without limitation to the foregoing we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including but not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Notes – either handwritten or digital - may be made by consultants during your consultation and added to your customer records as a means of further personalising your experience with us and to ensure that any details specified by you during a consultation or telephone call are kept to hand and adhered to. These may be shared internally and with some third parties, e.g suppliers needing specific information to manufacture or supply equipment or deliver a bespoke service (e.g. personalisation, photography, etc.)
Disclosure of your information
We refer in paragraph 4 of Use of Your Personal Information above to the fact that we may carry out credit reference agency searches to obtain information about you. These agencies record those searches. In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also share information about you and the conduct of your account with credit reference agencies, other lenders and relevant third parties including our legal advisors and debt recovery agencies.
In carrying out the activities specified in this policy, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation you should be aware that countries outside the European Economic Area may not offer the same level of protection of personal data.
In addition, cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website.
We are required to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies which we use on the site and to obtain your consent to the use of the cookies. In order to comply with these requirements we have prepared a cookies policy setting out information about cookies, detailing the cookies we use and providing information on how to manage cookies on your computer.
We treat all of your information in strict confidence and we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible, please see information on secure online shopping.
You have the right to see the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request using the contact address below: Anita’s House, 2 Chelsea Wharf, 15 Lots Road, London SW10 0QJ.
Please be aware that our website may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
Do you want to be removed from the Anita’s House email newsletter list?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list click here to use our unsubscribe form and put in the email address that you wish to be removed. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each mailshot email we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe. This does not apply to personal emails.
If you wish to unsubscribe from Anita’s House direct mailings (postal) please call our customer service team on +44 (0)20 7371 5145. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
Changes to policy
We may amend and update this policy from time to time.
Any changes in the future will be posted on this page.